Request a Tour or Merit Badge Class
Effective October 1, 2020, and FOR THE DURATION OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
If your unit is planning a camp-out at Camp Carpenter, or you just want to make a day trip here to see the collection, and whether you are a Scouting Unit or member of the general public–
YOU MUST MAKE A RESERVATION for a docent-led group tour. Limit ten people per group, but multiple cohorts from the same unit or group can be arranged sequentially on the same day.
In such cases, You are responsible for the activity of the other cohorts you bring who are waiting for, or following, their tour.
In most cases, no other Camp program areas are available except, sometimes, the Scout Shop.
These are NO-TOUCH experiences, and sales from the Museum store may be limited or prohibited. We cannot make the Scavenger Hunts available. ADDITIONAL SPECIAL COVID POLICIES WILL APPLY, and you will be supplied with a copy of them in advance. Likewise, the same applies for a Scouting Heritage Merit Badge class with a registered merit badge counselor. All requests are subject to Museum approval, based on the scheduling availability of our volunteer docents. We will confirm your request with you as quickly as possible, or work to schedule an alternate time.
PLEASE GIVE US AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE, TO MAKE PLANNING EASIER.
In a separate e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, please indicate:
• Are you camping overnight at Camp Carpenter, or is this just a day-trip?
• The Number of Scouts and the Number of Adults who will be attending.
• Please break this number up by age and rank, if possible. (We understand it is usually impossible to be exact, but an order of magnitude will help!…Is it 3, 10 ,30, or 50?)
• The Unit Number and the type of unit you are bringing: Troop, Pack, Crew, Post, Team, Ship, Lab, etc.
• Whether or not you want to earn the Scouting Heritage Merit Badge (not available to Cubs):
Additional information will be provided in advance of your arrival, so you can “Be Prepared”!
• Don’t forget to list the DAY, DATE and TIME you are requesting, and please provide the CONTACT’s name, address, e-mail and phone number.
Providing details will help us streamline the planning process, and help to minimize excessive communication between the Museum and your unit or group. Thank you for your cooperation.